It’s All About the Journey, Right?
This has been a long haul. A few years back, before I had an idea of how the brand would surface and what the voice would be, I launched some unnamed podcasts as a placeholder, a pilot, a test. They were pretty bad, but not so bad that I feared putting them out there. But, they were bad.
Fast forward to today. It’s been years. Yes, years. Shoot, it was even months between this piece getting written and me posting it.
So, why is this just getting written? Why have I been paying to host those audio casts? What the heck am I doing here? And in the words of Talking Heads, “how did I get here?”
Here are a few hard truths about this project:
1) I’ve been “stuck.” It’s not for lack of trying or thinking about it every, single day of my life, but I just haven’t done what needs to be done to get back on the road, so to speak.
2) There has been a lot of noise in life. Don’t get me wrong, some of that noise has been absolutely wonderful – becoming a mom, for example, getting married, working a full-time job with a company I love – and the list goes on. But, there’s also been noise that has been hard to work through – the loss of my brother and my mother, dealing with the remnants of a long-time relationship that fell apart, being a 40-something woman, and trying to preserve democracy – you get the picture.
3) I have had one piece of Big Trippin’ or another on my to-dos for the past several years. Yet, I’ve only glanced at the program pages every now and then.
4) My weight, which is the pivot-point, on my journey wheel has gone up and it has gone down. I have counted and recorded my foods. I have picked up my activity, but I continue to struggle.
5) Try as I might, I am really more vision-centric and less of a producer. I truly admit that I could use some help in the production department. But, that’s a downside of being a boot-strapped start-up founder destined to change the world.
But, herein lies the beauty and the lesson of this program: I have not given up. It remains a priority. For every single checking-in on the page or log-in to the host, it’s a step in the right direction. While, yes, I 100% want to get to the destination, Big Trippin’ is truly about the journey.
My passion for this program is tied to our inter-connectedness. It’s tied to my ability to be the change, to help facilitate the dialogue, to share my story in hopes of helping you with yours. So, I am TBD on getting the podcast portion of this program up and running – hopefully, sooner rather than later. But, even writing this is a start.
I hope as you read this and you reflect on your own days, weeks, months, and years, that you are kind to yourself. I hope that you can see those long-term projects that you haven’t gotten as far on as you might have liked, that you know those are still moving and you are still growing. After all, it truly is about the journey.
See you on the road very soon…